The third international conference on Digital Presentation and Preservation of Cultural and Scientific Heritage - DiPP2013 aims at presenting innovative results, research projects and applications in the field of digitisation, documentation, archiving, representation and preservation of global and national tangible and intangible cultural and scientific heritage. The main focus is to provide open access to digitised cultural heritage and to set up sustainable policies for its continuous digital preservation and conservation. The priority area is the digital presentation and preservation of cultural and historical objects under conditions of risk, including those from the Veliko Tarnovo region. The forum will demonstrate innovative technologies and prototypes, including digital repositories, digital archives, virtual museums and digital libraries, which result from established practices and achievements in the field. Representatives will be invited to participate and exchange experiences, ideas, knowledge and best practices of the field from a number of public and specialised libraries, museums, galleries, archives, centres, both national and foreign research institutions and universities. Special attention will be given to the session "Veliko Tarnovo - a candidate for European capital of culture 2019", which will present the initiative to promote the region on the European and international cultural scene.
Working language of the conference: English
DiPP2013 Conference: September 18-21, 2013
Location of the Event: Regional Museum of History and the Regional Public Library "P.R. Slaveykov" in Veliko Tarnovo
Conference Opening: Museum of the Bulgarian Revival and Constituent Assembly – 3rd floor, 18.09.2013, 11:00
- Workshop "Veliko Tarnovo – European capital of culture 2019" with Presentation of an Exhibition
- National information day "Open access to scientific information" and workshop with the following actities:
- Dissemination of partners best practices;
- Discussion on research problems in the field;
- Discussion on possibilities of establishing network of open access repositories;
- Development of study on the harmonization problems of national legislation and practices;
- Discussion on possibilities for developing training course for PhD students and young researchers in the field;
- Discussion on possibilities of developing training course for developers and managers of scientific digital repositories to ensure interoperability.
- Workshop "E-Books and e-Lending in Libraries – Challenges and Opportunities", organized by IFLA – CLM Committee (Copyright and Other Legal Matters Committee) and University of Library Studies and Information Technologies, moderator: Plamena Popova (Member of IFLA - CLM Committee)
- Demonstration sessions of tools and systems preserving national cultural and scientific heritage
- A discussion forum on issues of the promotion of the free flow of ideas and universal access to cultural and scientific information and issues of digital presentation and preservation of cultural objects under conditions of risk.
Principal Organiser: Institute of Mathematics and Informatics, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, 1113 Sofia, 8, Acad. G Bonchev Str., website: http://www.math.bas.bg, office phone +359 2 870 1072, e-mail: email@example.com
Co-Organisers: Veliko Turnovo Municipality, Regional Museum of History and Regional Public Library "P.R. Slaveykov" in Veliko Tarnovo, St Cyril and St Methodius University of Veliko Tarnovo.
Hosts of the Event:
- Regional Museum of History in Veliko Tarnovo
- Regional Public Library "P.R. Slaveykov" in Veliko Tarnovo
The third international conference on Digital Presentation and Preservation of Cultural and Scientific Heritage - DiPP2013 is partly funded by the Ministry of Education and Science under the project D01 4531/26.09.2013.
DiPP2013 conference: September 18 - 21, 2013
Final deadline for papers submission: June 30, 2013
Submission of proposals for workshops and tutorials: June 25, 2013
Notification of acceptance: July 25, 2013
Submission of final versions of papers: July 30, 2013
Online registration: September 10, 2013